Hey, guys and gals, happy Friday! This week I worked on some easy vegan meals that can be thrown together for lunch or dinner. I came up with a couple of yummy combinations, and the nice part is that both of them can be made from ONE package of Shin Ramyun ramen. That’s a win, right?!
I don’t like things super spicy, so this worked out really well for me. You end up dividing the seasoning packet from the ramen. This way, you can have both a bowl of noodle soup, and spritz up your rice noodles for the stir fry!
You may have seen me reference these images I posted on Instagram over the past week. I also posted them on Imgur… I discovered that you should:
- Never say the word vegan on imgur
- Never drop a picture of food without giving a recipe
Two Easy Vegan Meals this week:
Shin Ramyun Noodle Bowl
- 1 package of Shin Ramyun noodle soup. (international aisle in your grocery store)
- Use only half the spice packet for this recipe and save the rest.
- ~2 cups Water or vegetable broth.
- 5-6 Baby Portabella mushrooms, or another soft mushroom of your choice.
- ~ 1 tbsp Vegan butter or another oil for sauteing.
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce to flavor the tofu.
- Two slices of tofu per serving, your choice of tenderness.
- Green onions for garnishing.
- Bring the recommended amount of water or veggie broth to a boil on your stove.
- Add the noodles, half the spice mix, and the dried vegetables that come with the package.
- While your soup cooks, saute some mushrooms in your vegan butter, just until they start to get color.
- Move the mushrooms to the side of your pan, and plop in the tofu slices.
- Pan-sear the tofu until it’s warmed through and has a little bit of crisp (@ 5 mins per side).
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of soy sauce on top of the tofu to give it some flavor.
- When your noodles are done, pour the contents out into a soup bowl.
- Toss the mushrooms and tofu on top.
- Chop up about a tablespoon of green onion and sprinkle on top of everything.
Try your best at using chopsticks, and enjoy!
Vermicelli Tofu Stir Fry
Serves about 3
- 1/2 the spice packet reserved from your other meal
- Vegetable broth
- Half a package of Asian Vermicelli Rice noodles (International aisle)
- One small crown of fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- One carrot, cut into bite sized sticks
- 1/4 bag frozen peas
- 1/4 of a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 5-6 button mushrooms
- Two slices of tofu (this is for one serving, if you will be making the tofu for eating right away for two other people, have 6 slices ready to go)
- ~1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I use Smart Balance, EVOO)
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Bring about 3 cups of vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the other half of the seasoning packet and the rice noodles to the pan.
- Remove from heat and let the noodles “steep” for however long the package recommends.
- While your noodles are softening, saute the onion, carrots, and broccoli in your vegan butter about 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add the mushrooms and peas, then cook about 2-3 minutes more.
- Add half of your soy sauce, and move the veggies to the side of the pan to keep them warm.
- Sear your tofu for about 5 minutes on each side.
- When it is a little bit crispy and warmed through, pour the rest of your soy sauce over it.
- Drain your rice noodles when they are done, and serve them under the stir fried veggies.
- Top it all with the tofu and chopped green onion.
- (optional) sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for a beautiful finish that adds texture!
Enjoy with chopsticks!
If you try these easy vegan meals, let me know! How were they? What are your favorite vegan recipes that are quick and easy?
Until next time,